Visit www.lorealparis.co.uk to explore a world of beauty
- Exclusive to the site: Beauty advice from our experts
- The beauty secrets of the stars: Your stars show you their favourite looks
- Sign up to Beauty Confidential to receive personalised diagnostics and advice, as well as exclusive advantages such as advanced product previews and competitions.
The secret of professional make-up artists
What do primers do?
Primers serve different functions including:
1. Evening out the skin’s tone and texture so that make-up can be applied with a professional and flawless finish.
2. Helping your make-up look fresher for longer by providing a bond for foundation to hold onto.
3. Preventing your skin from absorbing too much of your foundation, so that it “sits” evenly.
4. Absorption of oil to help reduce shine
Which primer is right for me?
1. To reduce redness
Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer — for all skin types
Green pigments in this primer neutralise red patches, while the moisturising formula makes application easy.
Apply after moisturiser and under your foundation
Dab gently on red areas with your fingertip
2. To reduce shine, cover pores and smooth the skin
Normal to Oily skin
Studio Secrets Anti-Shine Mattifying Primer
Texturing agent mattifies oily areas and prevents a “greasy” shine.
Normal to Dry skin
Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer
This smoothing primer magically evens out the skin surface and hides pores for a professional and flawless finish.
1. These primers can be worn alone on clean skin
2. If wearing under foundation, cleanse and moisturise the skin as normal, leaving time for the moisturiser to be absorbed
3. Rub primer between fingers
4. Apply a thin layer all over face or concentrate on specific areas where make-up doesn’t last as long; chin, lips, eyelids
5. Leave for a few minutes before applying foundation
Can I help you?
- For any questions or more information about our products why not contact one of our relevant consumer advisors?